Gear Truss Attachment Cross members

Today I attempted to get the cross members that attached the gear truss to the engine mount. One sentence will sum this up. This is a pain in the ass. There are multiple compound angles and some weird orientations. I only have just enough steel tube to get this done with very little screw up. However I have some 3/4″ 0.035 left over from another project to practice with before I cut in to my thicker walled tubing. Anyway I managed to get the right long cross member pretty close and the left short cross member semi screwed up I will probably redo this one but with a fresh mind tomorrow. I will take some pictures tomorrow after i get some magnets to hold all the cross member in place.

Time spent today 4 hours time spent on the mod 37 hours

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: