Well after my last flight I found my front left engine baffling had cracked near the engine attach bracket. So I unfortunately had to remove the engine cowling to get the baffling out so that I can put a doubler on it. So while I had the cowling off I took the opportunity to check the fit of my new cowling to see if I will have to move anything or modify my exhaust.
Turns out I will have to move my oil cooler and to the back of the baffling for cowling and CG issues. With the addition of the prop extension I will need to move the weight back. Also I will need to rearrange the front baffling to fit the new cowling. As you can see from the pictures I will either have to cut the cowling or mod the exhaust. I haven’t talked to Aircraft Exhaust yet but I will likely opt for the small mod to the exhaust.
Also today a guy at my airport flew his AV-8A Sea Harrier yes a Harrier jump jet. He took a couple of laps around the pattern. Check out his website for more info. www.nallsaviation.com
Time Spent today 2.0 Hours