More work on the Front baffle

Today I took the day off work exclusively to work on the plane.  I took the front baffle up to my friends break to bend it.  That seemed to work well.  I then spent a long time trimming the profiles of the #1 and #2 cylinders.  I also spent a while trimming around the starter and engine case.  I eventually took the starter off the engine so it would be easier to fit the sheet metal without scratching everything to pieces.  I drilled a hole to pickup one of the bolt holes on the case that is typically used for an alternator.  I don’t have an alternator so I am free to pic this one up to secure the baffling.  I spent a lot time slowly trimming the forward baffle to fit the cowling. This was numbing after awhile of trimming and fitting the cowling and then repeating after more trimming. I have probably taken this cowling off over 100 times this totally sucks. Anyway I finally got it to fit correctly. I also drilled the holes through the firewall for the 3/4″ x 3/4″ angles that I am using to secure the oil cooler.   I finished up the day cutting a mold out of foam in an effort to make a fiberglass hood for a 2.5″ SCAT duct off the #4 cylinder baffle.

Time spent today 5.5 hours total time spent 41 hours

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: