Securing the front baffle

I have been away seeing family for 8 days. I came back with a head cold and spent all of Monday and Most of Tuesday on the couch. I finally mustered up enough energy to go to the airport in the afternoon. I had taken the whole week off of work so that I could finish the airplane before TPS starts on the 5th. Anyway I spent all of my time figuring out how to mount the front baffle to the engine. I have some clearance issues on the #1 baffle so I had to figure out how I was going to secure the front baffle to the #1 side baffle. My old baffle was pretty ratty so I desided to make a new one in doing that I extended the front side down and put a slight bend it it so I could pick up a #8 screw into a 3/4″ x 3/4″ angle that I will rivit to the front baffling See picture below. (I forgot my camera today so I took the next day and posted that with the the screw and rivits that I completed on the 31st Back dating posts)

I also devised a mounting solution for the #2 cylinder baffle near the base as well as the where the #2 cylinder baffle attaches. I used some leftover 1/2″ X 1/2″ angle that picked up the front side of the front baffle and also the top of the fold on that baffle. This attaches to the engine just at the base of the cylinder. I used a piece of 3/4″ x 3/4″ angle to attach the side baffle to the top of the front baffle. I will post some pictures tomorrow.

Time spent 4 hours total time spent 46 hours.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: