Removed the excess glue on the spar doubler

Today I spent time removing the excess glue that spilled out of the ply root doublers with a file. It was pretty easy and I got it looking very clean. I then spent some time figuring out how i was going to drill the holes for the root straps. I have a copy of the S-1D drawings and the rear spar strap location is different than the S-1S drawings. I finally emailed a Stuart and he told me to put the strap at 1/2″ up and 1/2″ inboard and then make the strap flush with the top surface of the spar. Easy enough. On the front spar I did it to the drawing.

Time spent 2 hours
Total time spent 59 hours

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: