Now that I have the AN665 forks I decided to take a break from aileron hinge geometry and decided to drill the drag wire holes. I spent about 20 minutes setting up the jig. I installed the fork with a small rod sticking out of it so that the one end of the jig would be lined up and the other side was supported by my jig holds using clamps like I did on the outboard wires. All worked out until I inserted the drag wires to see how they fit. It turns out I have just enough room on the forward spar at the compression rib to aft spar root wire to get the washer and 2 nut on with minimal purtrusion in the fork (you know the tell tell hole on the fork).
However, since I glued the cove shape between the compression rib and the drag wire block that moved the drag wire block out by 1/4″ thus my drag wire is short by about 1/4-5/16″. Bottom line is that I can only get the washer and 1 nut on before I run out of wire. I checked the location of the 1st compresion rib and it was set right at 32.5″ which was correct. So I have again two courses of action. Make a bigger tab that allows the extra quarter to 5/16″ inch or buy a new piece of drag wire and tap the ends. BTW tapping SS is a pain in the ass. Ah hell I will figure something out I always do.
Time spent 2.5 hours
Total time spent 72.5 hours