Gluing Rear spar, marking measuring upper spar

Today I got home and released the upper spar from the clamps, all looked good I set it aside so that I could get the rear spar situated and leveled for glueing. It took awhile about 30 mintues to play the leveling game but I eventually got to sit where I wanted it to. I marked the centerline of the splice caps. I then practiced the glue job with the clamps I was going to use. I then marked a couple of hash marks on both splice caps so that I could tell if I had the joint glued square. I mixed up some glue and got everything situated and sitting correctly. It took awhile as the blocks were moving around due to the glue film. Once enought glue squeezed out I was able to get to stabilize and perfect.

After that I spent the rest of the night marking the upper forward spar for rib locations and centerlines. This again took about 1.5 hours. One of the pictures show the additional doubler with he fishmouth that was added for additional strength by raven in all there kits now.

Time spent 4.5 hours
Total time spent 110 hours

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: