Gluing 1/4″ ribs and I-strut doubler tops

Tonight I pulled the clamps off the I-strut doublers so that I could clean up the tops and glue on the the top cap with my file. I drilled through the bottom cap so I when I flip the wing over I will be able to transfer the I-strut hole to the top cap tomorrow. I then started gluing the 1/4″ ribs to the spar. I also triangle blocked the rear spar/rib attach point and the rear face of the front spar attach rib/spar attach point. I also glued several misc corner blocks at the center section and on the most outboard compression rib corners. (pictures to follow later)

Time spent 4 hours
Total time spent 142 hours

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: