Drilling the I-strut plates, first look at ailerons

Today I cleaned up the front and rear spar doublers because they had some excess glue drips, using my file. I then took the wing and tipped it vertical and put it in the drill press to drill the 3/4″ lug hole. I marked the 5/8″ further outboard of the I-strut center line and I drilled the hole. I then slide the lug into the spar with one of the plates squared everthing up and drilled the 4 bolts for the plates. I did the same thing on the other side. I couldn’t have done this very easily by myself so my buddy Josh came over to help me with the ackwardly long wing, which saved a bunch of time.

Once that was all done I started playing ailerons a little bit. Everything looks like it will work out great at first glance except I will be needing more upper aileron tails since I put on 8 and only have 5 tails left over the other wing which won’t be enough.

Time spent 7 hours
Total time spent 142 hours

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: