Since I finally got the rest of my parts and pieces I decided to start in on the ailerons. I chose to start with the upper ailerons since the upper wing was on the table already. I started laying out the ribs and loosely following the raven instructions I started laying out the ribs. I decided that a gap of 3/16″ between the aileron and the inboard rib should be sufficient and I also had a old piece of plywood I could use as spacer. I marked the centerline of the aileron spar like I did on the wing spars and then marked the centerline of the nose ribs. The tail ribs slide in easily and maintained centerline without help. I then started drilling all the 3/32″ rivit holes for each rib. I put three rivits per rib. After that I decided to fit the trailing edge setting it no less than 1/4″ from the trailing edge. I used the blue masking tape to keep the trailing edge on while I made adjustments so that it was straight. I drilled all the tails after setting all the tail ribs at 7 deg of sweep. I also drilled all three doublers and respective 3/32 rivits holes ( I may upsize the doublers to 1/8 rivits but haven’t decided on that just yet) Next I need to repeat all the drilling on the right upper aileron.
Time spent today 7 hours
Total time spent 192 hours