Upper Ailerons #3

Tonight I spent all my time prepping and setting up the right upper aileron ribs. I then spent a long time drilling all of them and clecoing in place. This time I spent extra time to make sure the ribs were already formed to sit at the 7 deg. I went quite a bit faster than the left side, got to love learning. I also set and drilled one side of the trailing edge. Last night I made a big order from aircraft spruce which included the leading edge tube. Those parts come on Thursday so this weekend I hope to have my upper ailerons mostly riveted. I still need to trim and finish the ends and install angle braces to give the trailing edge some support.

Time spent 3.5 hours
Total time spent 199.5

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: