Lower Ailerons #16

Today was a long day it probably shouldn’t have been. I spent the first part of the day making a templates for the hinge cuts outs. This is fairly complicated especially for the center hinge. I did the initial cuts and then spent the rest of the time filing and fitting and filing and fitting. This went on for the better part 5 hours. I did make one mistake however, I mislabeled my template and cut the wrong side of the center hinge for the control arm cut out. I spent the rest of my time today making a filling blank out of spare leading edge material and then flush riveted it on. Its not perfect and will need some body filler to make it match perfectly.

Time spent today 10 hours
Total time spent 296 hours

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: