Upper Ailerons #13

Tonight I spent some time working on the upper right ailerons improving the fit. I then moved over the left upper aileron and started the cutting the hinge cutouts. I did the same way I did all the others by drilling some 3/8″ holes and then using cut off wheel on my grinder to make the cuts through the leading edge tubes and then down to the 3/8″ holes. I finished them using some tin snips and metal file. After I got them to fit well I expanded the gaps between the hing blocks and ailerons. I then expanded the cut out to make room for the drive arm on the center hinge. Once I got that to fit well I repeated it on the upper right aileron. At this point the ailerons are finished.

Time spent today 7.5 hours
Total time pent 347.5 hours

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: