Today I had to work a half day (this i normally my day off) I the made it out to the airport to glue my lower wing root ribs so that I can tension the lower wing drag wires to finally rig the wings so that I can take them back home for finishing. I had to remove the landing wires and I-struts to glue the ribs which took a little while. I got the ribs glued but they will take a while to cure because of the colder weather. Fortunately the hangar gets up to 50-55 deg during the day solar heat. I also messed around with making the slave struts but I quickly realized that I didn’t have the sheet metal to make the upper bracket, so I will have to order that along with some other items. I then decided to document how much my old wings weigh the results are lower right wing 30 lb lower right 32 lb and upper wing 63 lb. So 125 lb total. When I glued my lower wing I had the opportunity to weight the lower wings. I came out to 26 lb but it had two clamps and some 1×2 clamped to it, so I should have some room to work to make the wing as light as my old wings. I also removed the fabric from the right side of the fuselage.
Time spent today 3 hours
Total time spent 441 hours.