Slave struts

Tonight I got the airport and imediatly folded a new set of slave strut channels to the correct dimension this time. I then brought them down to my hangar to drill the holes and fit them them. I used the paper template hole location and drilled a 3/32 hole I then measured where the hole should be in the channel and drilled a 3/32 holes there. Using a cleco I checked the fit all was good. I then proceded to tack the channel in place. I welded the channel to the strut and then re-attached the outside piece using a cleco and a clamp tacked those in place. I welded as much as I could then formed the rest of the outside to match the shape of the stream line tube. It was pretty late so I called it a night. Tomorrow I will wil finish weld the tops and then start on the bottoms.

Time spent today: 3.5 hours
Total time spent: 462 hours

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: