Tonight I finished up the trimming of the lower left leading edge and got the tip fairing and leading edge to a perfect gap using as file, sanding block and some masking tape to make a straight line on the curved surface of the leading edge. I also took the opportunity to install the pitot static tube permanently so that I could measure and drill the location on the leading edge. I didn’t drill it all the way out but I drilled to the inner tube of the pitot tube to check the fit all is perfect. I then switched my attention to the right wing leading edge. I fit and trimmed it just like I did on the lower left wing. But now that I know what works I did it in half the time. I was able to it all trimmed up fitting perfect to fiberglass tip fairing.
Time spent today 3.5 hours
Total time spent 499 hours