Lower right wing lower I-strut ply

Tonight I worked on the lower right wing lower side I-strut ply. I started by temporaily installing the 90 deg bell crank and clamping the forward side of the ply in place so that I could mark the location of the arc for the bell crank. I marked the sweep angle and used a 5 in diameter dish lid from the kitchen traced two sweeps and closed them off using a correctly sized socket for the circle. I then drilled out the ends and used utility knife to cut out the rest. I then checked the fit and it well. I then drilled a hole to gain access to the pivot bolt.

After that I trimmed the back and sides to fit the glued it to the lower wing. I used the left over glue to glue the upper right wing lower side aileron bay strip.

Time spent 2.5 hours
Total time spent 548 hours

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: