Fitting the upper left aileron

Today I set off to get the upper left aileron to fit silky smooth. I largely did the same thing as I did on the lower ailerons. I had to make yet another shim of of 6061-T6 0.090 thick aluminum to shim the control arm out just a bit. I then had to do some trimming of the aileron slave strut fit with the rod end bearing. I also installed and trimmed the center hinge bracket steel spacers so that the rod end fit well.

Time spent 3 hours
Total time spent 630 hours

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: