Covering the upper right aileron

Tonight I got down to the basement and immediately started in on the upper right aileron. I started by a general cleaning with some alcohol to get the dust and prints off of it. I think anti-chafe taped the ribs, spars and trailing edges. After that was all done I cut a piece of fabric off my big roll and set it aside while I glued the surfaces that I want the fabric to stick too. After a while I had the fabric all glued on and brought up to the 350 deg temp. The last things I did was mark the tape locations and install the rib re-reinforcing tape and pre-punch the rib stitch holes.

Time spent 4.5 hours
Total time spent 689 hours

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: