I haven’t made a post in several days because I have been hard at work. So I decided I would only make one post. I have been working half days at work for the last few days so that I could all the metal construction and welding completed. So here’s the list of things I completed over the last 5 days.
- Welded the Rudder saddles
- Welded the Elevator Saddles
- Fabricated, mounted and welded the aft horizontal tail spar and elevator bearings mounts and tube
- Welded the rudder hinge collars
- Welded the elevator hinge collars
- Welded the lower stringer aft attach brackets
- Welded the lower stringer mid attach brackets
- Fabricated and welded the elevator fuse idler
- Welded on the front of the torque tube..
- Routed bent and welded the trim tab tube in the right elevator.
- Welded the elevator splice and elevator pitch horn to the elevator
- Fabricated, bent and drilled the elevator hinges.
- Fabricated, bent and welded the rudder stop.
- Cut out new lower stringer plywood stringer guides/attach pieces.
The reason I have been on a hard push is that I have a powder coating date for all my metal and I need to meet it as they are a 5 week lead time right now and I am on and off of travel so if I miss my date I will need to reschedule and wait several more weeks which could delay me a much as a month due to my busy work travel schedule.
The list of things I have left to do prior to powder coating.
- Rudder pedal brake reinforcement
- Stick to torque tube idler tube
- Torque tube idler to fuse idler control tube
- Fuse idler to elevator control tube
- Torque tube mount bushings.
- Gascolator mount bushings.
- Remove Engine
- Remove rudder pedals
- Remove throttle and linkages
Time spent (alot!) Im not actually sure but my best guess is approx 40 hours
So Total time spent 851 hours