More upper wing rib stitching…

Saturday and Sunday roll up. I basically did nothing but rib stitching on saturday and sunday. I was able to finish all but one rib on the upper wing split between to the two days. My fingers and now raw. To help with soreness of my hand I used an old golfing gove wrapped with masking tape on the fingers. This helped quite a bit. I was also having issues with excess wax on the rib stitching cord building up and getting everywhere. I did a search on the brain trust (www.biplaneforum.com) and found that the Kimballs use a peice of 1/8 plywood with a saw slit and drug the cord through it removing the excess wax. This worked pretty good.

Time spent 8 hours
Total time spent 896 hours

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: