Tonight I spent the evening fabricating new canopy panels. I decided to go with new panels rather than lengthen the old panels because it thought it would just be easier and cleaner. It turns out I was right. It took a couple of hours but I removed the 3/8 4130 coping tube out of the panel and removed the wind screen. When I did all that I was left with two halves. I then just laid them on my new sheet metal traced it out extending the lines I needed to and then match drilling out all the holes and viola they were fitted up on the plane. I just need to straighten and lengthen the coping tube and cut out the vents and we’re in business.
Time spent today 4 hours
Total time spent 1235 hours