Tonight I finished unmasking the stabs and the elevators and decided that it was high time to permenently install the forward stabilizer spar. I measured and then melted a perfect 3/4 tube hole in the fabric using my now trusty method of a propane torch and heated exacto knife. This method doesn’t allow excess heat out into the fabric and cuts a very clean hole. Anyway I installed the spar with new hardware and then fit checked the right stabilizer and elevator. Turns out they still fit well after covering and painting. Not suprising though, just wanted to see what they looked like on the fuse.
Time spent 2 hours
Total time spent 1417 hours