Attaching the Flying wires, tightening the bolt and nuts

Several day round up. After Eve and I got the wings mounted I was able to get all the flying wires routed and clevis and nuts installed. The next day I was able to get elevator trim cable routed and installed, even though it was a pain in the ass i got it done. I then worked on installing the new clevis’s on the tail wires. I figured it would be logical to get the tail rigged and wires tightened. I used my digital level to level the aircraft then i leveled the tail and tighten the wires. I made sure the tail stayed at 0.0 degs to match the longerons. I also installed the stabilizer support tube. Finally I installed the new 1/2″ spacer block and three bolts to finish off the elevators. I also spent some time checking the AOI on the wings to see where I was on the wings after tightening the bolts. I may have to make a small adjustment to he right wing lower wing AOI but we’ll see once I get the wings rigged.

Time spent 8 hours
Total time spent 1477 hours

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: