Nick Nack Clean up

So Now that I have completed major construction on my cowl i have a bunch of nick nacks to clean up to finish this project. Today I installed the 2 1/2″ SCAT flange in to the #4 cylinder baffle for the oil cooler. I cut the old oil cooler lines down to the new size and reinstalled them. I removed the old 90 deg + 45 AN fittings in the oil cooler and re-placed them with a 90 deg flare to NPT fitting. I drilled a new hole for the #2 and #4 cylinder ignition wires since the 2 1/2″ SCAT flange took the place of the old ignition wire hole. I drilled all the holes for the screw that hold the baffle seal on. I installed a hose clamp for the intake SCAT duct. I permanently installed the exhaust and I re-routed some wires. I have some more things to get done like build a hood for the oil cooler, install the baffle seal material. Permenently install the prop and make an oil cooler access door. But there is no reason why I couldn’t get that done this week and try to fly this sucker this weekend if the weather is good enough.


Time spent today 5.5 hours total time so far 75 hours.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: